Tata Institute oof Social Sciences (TISS) a premier institution established in the year 1936 and given deemed University status by the UGC in 1964. The University is one of the oldest and has been revolutioniing the Higher Education scenario. Tata Institute f Social Sciences has –
– Four campuses, located at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Guwahati and Tulapur
– Been a pioneer educational institution in the social sciences with decades of experience in teaching, research, publications, and field interventions (for more information visit www.tiss.edu)
– The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded 5-star rating to the institute, and in 2010 re-accreditated TISS with an ‘A’ Grade and a cumulative grade point of 3.89 out of 4.00, one of the highest scores awarded to universities accrediated thus far.
– Set up School of Vocational Education (SVE) in 2011, with the objectives of incubating a ‘National Vocational University’. This project has been initiated under the aegis of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) proposed by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
In December 2011, Tata Institute of Social Sciences set up the School of Vocational Education (SVE) with a view of providing Vocational Training Programs.
In December 2011, Tata Institute of Social Sciences set up the School of Vocational Education (SVE) to provide immediate and definite interventions to improve the skill levels of millions of youth, through appropriate vocational training programs. The target beneficiaries include organized and unorganized workforce across the industries and SVE aims to cover every individual who needs to develop employable skills. A vision of creating an ecosystem that would bring back the dignity of labour to all professions and occupations to create sustainable sources of income for the blue collar workforce and youth in the country.
– The project was initiated under the aegis of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) proposed by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
– TISS-SVE has propagated the Work Integrated Training Program to give a boost to the Learning Ecosystem.
Concept of Work Integrated Training Program (WITP)
The WITP model provides the trainee with the opportunity to enhance their skills and gain workplace based industry experience as a part of their Graduation program. For the trainee, the experience is valuable as training is built around the context of work, enabling them to learn by working and observing.
To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills, so that they are work ready at each exit point of the program.
To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points